Demi was found abandoned on the streets. She was left with her dog bed. Having to fend for herself, she had multiple wounds on her body from fighting off other dogs. Helping Strays rescued her to give her a better life. Since then she has been rehabbed and accomplished many battles. Demi has a shelter buddy who takes her home a few days a week to work on her house manners. Demi is a long-time resident of Helping Strays.
- House trained, crate trained
- Drop it, shake
- Walks well on a leash
- Continued education for Demi and adopter together ***
Activities she enjoys:
- Agility and mind games
- Hiking and long walks
- Car rides for ice cream
- Quiet cuddle time
- Being a bed hog
- Dogs: Selective
- Kids: unknown, however older kids who will respect her space is recommended
- People: fearful of some, she picks her own people. Will need slow introductions. This girl wants to be courted.
- Cats: Not a fan
- You need a boss? This is your girl. Her person will need to set boundaries and stay consistent.
- Demi’s reaction is difficult to read among some people. She is working with a trainer and vet to correct these issues.
- Fearful of getting her nails trimmed and vet visits. Demi’s team has a way to get this done.
Demi is three years old and weighs 66 pounds. She is housebroken, crate trained, and loves car rides.
Demi’s adoption fee is $200; she is microchipped, spayed, and up to date on vaccines.
***Demi’s adoption fee includes continued education and training for Demi with a professional trainer.